Pine wood finger joint
Standards: AB/ AC/ BC/ CC
Type of mortise: Tight mortise - Open mortise
Glue: D4, E0
Color: Specific shiny yellow (Specific red)
Common specifications: 2440 x 1220 x 15/18/20 (mm)
(Other specifications may be required by the customers)
The Fir finger joint is manufactured by jointing the fir pallets with small size by the specific glue under high temperature and pressure.
I – What is the Pine finger joint? Is it good?
The Pine finger joint is manufactured by jointing the Pine stave with small size by the specific glue under high temperature and pressure. The Pine is one of the most favorite wood types of the Vietnamese thanks to the nice vein and harmonious color.
II – Classification of the Pine finger joint and basic specifications
- AB quality: One nice side, one fair side. Side A is absolutely nice without knots, heartwood, termite, black seam, etc. Side B allows the small live knots with the average diameter lower than 1cm, no heartwood. The moisture content is from 8 to 14%. This type is suitable for producing the wood products as: table surface, cabinet doors, kitchen table, etc.
- AC quality: Side A is absolutely nice without knots, heartwood, termite, black seam, etc. Side C usually has live knots, dead knots (processed), black seam, the color’s quality is relatively lower than side A and side B. The moisture content is from 8 to 14%. This type is used to be furniture, sheathing board for floor or wall, etc. (just need a nice side)
BC quality: Side B allows the small live knots with the average diameter lower than 1cm, no heartwood. Side C usually has live knots, dead knots (processed), black seam, the color’s quality is relatively lower than side A and side B. The moisture content is from 8 to 14%.
III – Characteristics of the Pine finger joint
The Pine wood is used commonly in many fields, the most in constructing the wooden furniture. With the outstanding advantages, the fir furniture gradually affirms its position and has stand in the wooden furniture market:
- The vein has the natural beauty and softness, combines with modern light color, all brings the high aesthetic efficiency
- In spite of softness, the Fir has extremely good screw ability. Simultaneously, it is easy to create shapes and patterns as expected.
- High longevity, if you know how to use and protect, the Pine can be used for 20 years.
- The price is low, suitable with many types of customers. Besides, the source is available so it is possible to limit the imitations, counterfeiters, and economize the intermediate costs.
Despite of many advantages, the Pine wood is not suffered from the disadvantages: the Pine wood easily gets scratched and deep-set because the wood is so soft.
– Only side A has no knots, especially live knots. However, its price is so high. With side B and side C, the knots and black seam still impact so much on the wood’s aesthetics
– The Pine wood source is not so abundant and diversified in Vietnam that the Pine finger joint is not much as other wood.
III – Applications of the Pine finger joint
The Pine finger joint has the extremely diversified applications such as:
+ Household interior
+ Office interior
+ Household and office floorboards
+ Decorative sheathing board
+ Used for shelves and bookshelves
+ Surface of kitchen table and kitchen furniture
+ Decorative partition for lobby of high-rise buildings.
+ Homemade handicraft products
+ Produce chairs for conference rooms and movie theaters
+ Picture frames, 3D carvings or printings on wood
- SMARTWOOD Co., Ltd. provides the Pine wood finger joint nationwide with full of types, specifications and quality and meeting all customers’ requirements.
With the factory’s area of above 1800m2, we directly produce from step of importing the materials to step of sawing wood, with the kiln system producing above 500m3/month. Thus, we undertake to provide the customers with the best quality products and the most competitive price.
Please contact us for more consultancy and detailed quotation of the oil-coated Acacia wood:
- SMARTWOOD COMPANY LIMITED
- – Address: No. 61– 137 Viet Hung Street, Viet Hung ward, Long Bien district, Hanoi city
- – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Hotline: +84 988 498 980